Quicken is one of the top finance management tools and is also known for its compatibility with every operating system such as Windows and Mac. Different versions are available for Quicken and Mac. If you want to switch from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac then you can convert from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac. To do the switch between devices, it is important to have knowledge of the conversion process. Quicken Support for Mac is also available to provide the required support for the conversion process.
Given below are the required steps which will help you in the conversion from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac:
To do the conversion, you need to prepare the files as follows:
- Open the Quicken software on your device and click on ‘Tools’ and then ‘Account List’.
- Click ‘Options’ and then select ‘View hidden accounts’.
- Select the manage account option and then select ‘Hide in Quicken’.
- If there is an entry with the name more than 15 characters click on ‘Edit’ and rename the file with less number of characters.
- Now, select all the files with financial data, personal cash flow, and business, and choose ‘Accept all’.
- Click on ‘File’ menu and then ‘Export’ and then select ‘QIF’ as the format of files.
- Now go to the location where you have saved the file.
- Save the file name as ‘Account.qif’ and save it.
- Now, go to the ‘Quicken Account to Export from’ and select the drop-down menu.
- Select the account you want to transfer from PC to Mac and select the date range on which you want to export the data.
- To export the Accounts file, click on ‘Accounts’ and similarly for Securities, categories, and ‘Transactions’ and click OK.
- Open the formatted CD drive which is formatted into a FAT file format which is accessible to both Mac and Windows computer to access a file on both devices.
- Find and open the Files and burn them to a CD. Quicken Windows Support is also available if you are facing any issues.
After preparing the files, import them to Mac as follows:
- Open Quicken and select ‘File’ and then ‘New’ and ‘File’.
- Next, select ‘New Quicken File’ and click ‘Ok’.
- Now, provide the right information to the Create Data File dialog box.
- Click on ‘Create’ and if you see the ‘New Assistant’ window click ‘Cancel’.
- Insert the CD to the disk drive and move Quicken files to it.
- Now under the File menu, select Import and then select ‘From QIF’.
- Now, go to the ‘Accounts’ file on your CD and select Open and similarly for all Securities, categories and Transactions files.
If you are still facing any issues while converting from Quicken Windows to Quicken MAC then you can call at the Quicken Support Phone Number. Here the technicians will help you get through the procedure with the help of their expertise.